Thursday, May 19, 2011

Healing is a Bumpy Road

It seems like every time I take a few steps forward (healing, feeling better, doing more), then I have to take a few steps backward (more pain, less energy, depression). Healing is not a straight highway, it's a bumpy, hilly, pot-holed road back to wellness.

My cramps that began on April 16 (not that I'm counting the days or anything), are finally beginning to dissipate. It's strange that a pain that started so suddenly would finish so gradually. Stretching, chiropractic, physical therapy on the back and the front - these seem to be the winning combination for whatever caused the abdominal pain. I'm glad to be making progress.

When my body began to feel a little bit better from the cramps, then my back pain resurfaced. Almost like it wanted more attention. Is that possible?

1 comment: