Monday, April 18, 2011

O=Oh, no.... setback!

I have had a setback over the weekend. My pain has been around 7 out of 10 (tomorrow is P=Pain Scale). Strangely, though, the pain has not been strongest at the "normal" spots (i.e. lower back). It is very strong at both hips; I can't lay down very long on either side; I have to turn like a roasting chicken on a spit (is that nice imagery for you?). Guys, I'm sorry for the next part... skip this if you want... I'm also having severe pain across the abdomen. Could be menstrual cramps, but I haven't had them this severely in decades. My muscle relaxers and pain medicines have keept it from completely dominating my weekend, but I've still spent most of my time in the fetal position.  OK, guys, pick up here...

Here's the key to survival right now: this pain is not fun, but it's not the end of the world as I know it. I have painkillers, muscle relaxers, stretches, rest, ice/heat, and other tools at my disposal to handle the worst of the pain. I really believe that it will subside in a day or two. If it doesn't, then I have an entire "village" of professionals to help me with it. Also, I have an appointment today with my pain doctor for my quarterly hip injections (just an office visit, and I should feel results in a few hours). Perhaps that bit of cortisone will calm everything down...

So, I'm resting, taking appropriate pills, and "holding down the fort" trying to keep my spirits up. Will keep you posted on my progress.

P.S. Tiger Balm Patches really work well for my muscle pain. Try them! (I don't get any commission or kickbacks :-)

6 comments:

  1. So sorry your weekend wasnt the best, I sure hope you feel better soon. I understand exactly what you are going through. Stay positive, prayers for you x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you feel relief soon Jane, your blog helps me know how to pray for you. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so incredibly proud of you Jane. Yesterday you didn't let on just how bad your pain was. AND you laughed and played at lunch through it. I think the difference is that you have hope now. Praying today you feel MUCH better. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that you are having such a rough time. I will keep you in my prayers. Ihope the drs can do something to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon! you are a trooper for posting despite your pain.
    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jane ~~ I love your spirit !! You soldier on , despite the pain !! Hope you feel better soon !

    ~MICHELLE~
    http://writer-in-transit.co.za/category/other/rambles-rants-and-raves/

    ReplyDelete